Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Swiftech Communications » Announcement & Press Releases

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 18th, 2007, 4:56 am 

i just recieved the backplates i ordered them on june 11 and they arrived yesterday 17th not bad considering i live in england. a big thank you to michelle for replying quickly to my email and to everyone at swiftech for making great products. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 23rd, 2007, 12:34 am 

Where can we buy these backplates in a "stand alone" configuration. As much as I love the Apogee (used for a while), I am now using a handmade block. However, the mounting holes for the 775 is the same for all waterblocks so I figured it will probably work for my custom waterclock. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 25th, 2007, 7:22 pm 

paul386 wrote:
Where can we buy these backplates in a "stand alone" configuration. As much as I love the Apogee (used for a while), I am now using a handmade block. However, the mounting holes for the 775 is the same for all waterblocks so I figured it will probably work for my custom waterclock. :)

Problem with that is it uses some kind of weird screw thread and the screws that it comes with may not be long enough for you. But we do sell them at our online store if you want try it.
http://swiftech.com/store/product_detai ... ProdID=442

OPP

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 11:58 am 

My new backplate wont work worth a damn.

I received the bacplate and hardware, but the screws are waaaay too long, or the spacer is way too short.

When I tried to screw down the block the screws hit the MB tray before the block made contact with the CPU.

I need help........
my spacers are black if that helps any, they are not like those pictured above, but the rest of the hardware looks correct.

Like I said, I either need a shorter screw or a longer spacer.
Guess its back to springs, but I wonder what others will do if they're only given the backplate from now on.

BTW, I use an Asus P5N32-E SLI board.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 1:59 pm 

magoo wrote:

I received the bacplate and hardware, but the screws are waaaay too long, or the spacer is way too short.

When I tried to screw down the block the screws hit the MB tray before the block made contact with the CPU.

I need help........
my spacers are black if that helps any, they are not like those pictured above, but the rest of the hardware looks correct.

Guess its back to springs, but I wonder what others will do if they're only given the backplate from now on.

Dual PSU's Xclio X14 650w ; Enermax 450w
Swiftech LCS: Apogee GTX {bowed},MCP655 pump, MCR220 Rad,
MCRES-MICRO, all 1/2"

XP SP 2

Last edited by Reepur on July 31st, 2007, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 6:28 pm 

Reepur wrote:
magoo wrote:

I need help........

The screws are long because you need to put them in from the back of the mobo, Mount the back plate ( on back og mobo) run the screws through the hole (from the back, flip the board over, add the spacers then the block.

Thats absolutely wrong. The screws are 25mm long M3 type and they are placed from the front of the board. They screw into the tapped portion of the backplate.
If you placed them from the back, there would be nothing to hold the block down, there are no nuts for these. This is exactly opposite from the procedure using the springs.........which BTW way too long for my board as well.
Thanks, but I can read the instructions.
You are nice to help but obviously havent tried this.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 31st, 2007, 3:58 am 

backplate fits on the back of the motherboard, screws go in through the block with the provided spacers and washers and they tighten onto the backplate by the threaded holes in each corner. if the screws are to long then it might be a manafacturers error who knows, you could always just shorten the screws.
basically it should go like this screws > waterblock > spacers&washers (underneath each corner of the block so they're touching the motherboard) and then the screws should go through the backplate with no problems.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 31st, 2007, 9:20 am 

IceMan2k wrote:
backplate fits on the back of the motherboard, screws go in through the block with the provided spacers and washers and they tighten onto the backplate by the threaded holes in each corner. if the screws are to long then it might be a manafacturers error who knows, you could always just shorten the screws.
basically it should go like this screws > waterblock > spacers&washers (underneath each corner of the block so they're touching the motherboard) and then the screws should go through the backplate with no problems.

Yeah.......no kidding, thats what I said above......its not working given what I received.......I'm wondering if anybody else has the same problem as me......
I'm following the instructions but the silly ass screws aren't right.
How can the company send out stuff that doesnt work????? :evil:
The 6-32 screws for mounting the springs are also way too long. I cant get any tension on the block if I use the acorns due to absolutely no contact with the block......grrrrrrrrr.......I'm going to have to search for shorter screws at Home Depot I guess.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: July 31st, 2007, 2:39 pm 

My apologies for that stupid response I made. I therefore deleted it.

I had a real bad day at work and was thinking of some thing else!

Funny thing is , I have installed this backplate (correctly) with no problems.

I don't think I should post again...atleast until I have a few beers!

MCRES-MICRO, all 1/2"

XP SP 2

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 1st, 2007, 12:11 am 

Reepur wrote:
My apologies for that stupid response I made. I therefore deleted it.

I had a real bad day at work and was thinking of some thing else!

Funny thing is , I have installed this backplate (correctly) with no problems.

I don't think I should post again...atleast until I have a few beers!

No problem.......
We finally figured it out.
First, I screwed up the mounting technique for the "non-backplate" method with the 6-32 screws. Once I looked at the web site high res photos, I realized my mistake. The photocopy instructions are a bit hard to read.
Second, I spoke to Gabe a bunch of times today. Come to find out, the 25mm M3 screws sent with the backplate MAY (read MAY) be just too long for some applications. In my case, the screws were too long and hit the MB tray before they could secure the block to the CPU.
I guess the tolerence spec are just a tad too tight. At any rate, Gabe said they are ordering 20mm M3 screws to be placed in the kits from now on. So if you have trouble mounting your GTX using the new backplate it may be the screws you got wewe 25mm and not 20mm.
I'm not sure the problem isnt specific to my case. I have a Lian-Li 6070 with a slide-out MB tray, maybe my stand-offs are shorter, who knows. At any rate I cant use the backplate as it comes now due to the length of the screws.
However relief is on the way!!!!
I cant say enough about the help I've received at Swiftech. Gabe and Michelle have been fantastic. I think I really tried Gabe's patience today, but he was such a help.
These guys have such an enthusiasm for their product, I am very impressed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 1st, 2007, 2:31 pm 

I am glad you got it ironed out! Swiftech is the best!
I never noticed if my screws were too long because I had cut out the back of my case behind where the CPU would be so that I could mount an intake fan. ( I am too lazy to look to see if they are too long)
I have a fixed mobo tray.

I have never dealt with a company that reacts to customers needs as
fast as Swiftech.

MCRES-MICRO, all 1/2"

XP SP 2

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 16th, 2007, 1:13 am 

Hi, I just ordered an Apogee GT from Newegg yesterday and not sure if they will send the 775 back plate or not. I tried to find out from Newegg, but nobody knew the answer. They were not sure if thier stock was pre-back plate sales or not. I ordered it anyway as I need the block to complete my build.

Anyway, here's my problem: I work for the US Army in Germany. I have an APO address, as well as a German address, but I cannot order from the Swiftech store because you don't mail to APO addresses...shame on you :( ...I really need the 775 back plate and am willing to pay for it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 16th, 2007, 2:30 pm 

YerBuddy wrote:
Hi, I just ordered an Apogee GT from Newegg yesterday and not sure if they will send the 775 back plate or not. I tried to find out from Newegg, but nobody knew the answer. They were not sure if thier stock was pre-back plate sales or not. I ordered it anyway as I need the block to complete my build.

Anyway, here's my problem: I work for the US Army in Germany. I have an APO address, as well as a German address, but I cannot order from the Swiftech store because you don't mail to APO addresses...shame on you :( ...I really need the 775 back plate and am willing to pay for it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

It will come with the backplate attached.

OPP

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 16th, 2007, 4:16 pm 

OPP,

Thanx man...I appreciate the very fast reply. I can't wait!

Again, thank you very much.

Post subject: Swiftech
 Post Posted: July 4th, 2008, 3:44 pm 

hello I wrote swiftech a while ago about getting a back plate for my
Swiftech APOGEE GT
I think it was guided to michelle email
any help as to whats going on with this would be Great
thanks
also the store errors
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

Post subject: Re: Apogee series s775 motherboard backplate now available
 Post Posted: November 2nd, 2016, 5:18 am 

If you study foreign languages, you're likely to be interested in this site offering various studying techniques to apply so that you master new languages faster, follow to find out more http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/usef ... n-language

Board index » Swiftech Communications » Announcement & Press Releases