Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking

Post subject: Oldschool still holding its own
 Post Posted: June 5th, 2007, 8:33 am 

I built the main system here back in 2004 I think.. just after the release of the MCW 6002. I saw the reviews on this block and had to build a system around it. snagged up an MCW 20, MCRES 1000p, and a MCR 220 then started chopping the hell out of my case to get it all to fit hehe.

LGA 775 2.8 P4 with HT
Abit AA8 Duramax
Gig of generic ram
ATI X800 XT PE (left air cooled)

All and all it was a pretty high end system for the time.. all was well for about a year and I decided to upgrade the Video card and see just how far I could push that poor P4. So I stuffed in another gig of ram went to a Gforce 7950GT and ordered up another MCRES 1000p, MCW 60, MCW RAMCOOL, and another MCR 220 for the vid. I figured separate loops for vid and CPU to squeez every last mhz. And later once I finally retire the P4 and Mobo Ill go SLI and toss another vid card on same loop with the other. Funny most of this gear is discontinued now and is still running strong including the first MCRES 1000p I picked up.

This is my main gaming rig and I run it completely stable at 250mhz fsb so the sad 2.8 is pushing 3.5 It will run at 4ghz but crashes in games... amazingly low volts too The temps in pics are full load.

(btw my system stays so clean because I use filters on my intake fans, people are always asking me that)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: June 14th, 2007, 2:30 pm 

Those are some great temps for a Prescott, I always thought they were really hot chips. Must be that low voltage :)

OPP

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking