Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking

Post subject: cpu temperature keeps rising
 Post Posted: June 19th, 2015, 5:01 pm 

Hi,

So i have overclocked my 5820k to 4.5 ghz at 1.3 volt and when i start a stress test the temps start out okay at around 70, but then they start slowly rising until they hit like 82. Anyone know why?

Post subject: Re: cpu temperature keeps rising
 Post Posted: December 9th, 2015, 9:20 pm 

fcplzhang781 wrote:
Hi,

So i have overclocked my 5820k to 4.5 ghz at 1.3 volt and when i start a stress test the temps start out okay at around 70, but then they start slowly rising until they hit like 82. Anyone know why?

1. you havn't told us what your cooling looks like. (what is your cooler, did you replace anything or just use the kit?)
2. what thermal paste or modifications have you made?

Haswell... basically needs XTU (intels extreme tuning utility) refinement because the stock settings these things run at is incredibly hot. https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-23517 <<< is my example.

As for thermal pastes... if you've got your big boy pants on (I'm guessing you do since you've installed swiftech products) You might wanna ditch the old traditional thermal greases and go to the next level with Liquid metal "CLU" . (coolaboratory liquid ultra)
and lapping your processor to a mirror finish. (exposing the copper and making a even surface) for even greater performance/less thermals.

********>>>>>>>>>>>>>Don't even consider deliding that cpu because it's soldered lol<<<<<<<<<<**********

Other then that there are things you can do with the stock fans (buy better static pressure ones), get a better case with more air flow and more fans. reverse ATXing it up might lower temps for u as well. (depending on the case situation)

And finally... you can add more radiators to soak up the thermals

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking