Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking

Post subject: which midtower cases fit H220x or 240x cooler ?
 Post Posted: October 9th, 2014, 8:09 pm 

Hi - i may want to try this cooler but it wont fit in my current corsair 300R case -

i dont want to make same mistake and get a case that wont fit this cooler on top

i dont want a full tower case either - thats my problem - its too big for my space - but i didnt realize there are many different Midtower case sizes - i figured a Midtower case would be all the same - standard size for Mid - etc, i found out the hard way - so for my next build - i want to use at least the H220x and maybe add a extra 120 Rad to keep it even cooler - i plan to OC my CPU - which ever it may be at the time

my current system is out of order at the moment - had to RMA my board after two years - but it was running hot before - with a 3770k at 4.7 1.275V - using the antec 920 - which i am not sure how great it is or just my luck - i was expecting better - either way - i want to upgrade on my next build - use the H220x - with what ever i end up with -

my main thing is the case first - i dont want a huge one - but one that i can use this cooler and have room for wiring etc, - maybe add a 120 Rad later on if i want more cooling -

i like the corsair cases - but hard to decide which is best - i need at least two drive bays for Blu ray burner and another for cd dvd burner etc, - i dont mind having another one free - maybe fan controller -

any input on case that you guy can recommend -

thanks -

Post subject: Re: which midtower cases fit H220x or 240x cooler ?
 Post Posted: October 10th, 2014, 8:31 am 

expresso wrote:
Hi - i may want to try this cooler but it wont fit in my current corsair 300R case -

i dont want to make same mistake and get a case that wont fit this cooler on top

i dont want a full tower case either - thats my problem - its too big for my space - but i didnt realize there are many different Midtower case sizes - i figured a Midtower case would be all the same - standard size for Mid - etc, i found out the hard way - so for my next build - i want to use at least the H220x and maybe add a extra 120 Rad to keep it even cooler - i plan to OC my CPU - which ever it may be at the time

my current system is out of order at the moment - had to RMA my board after two years - but it was running hot before - with a 3770k at 4.7 1.275V - using the antec 920 - which i am not sure how great it is or just my luck - i was expecting better - either way - i want to upgrade on my next build - use the H220x - with what ever i end up with -

my main thing is the case first - i dont want a huge one - but one that i can use this cooler and have room for wiring etc, - maybe add a 120 Rad later on if i want more cooling -

i like the corsair cases - but hard to decide which is best - i need at least two drive bays for Blu ray burner and another for cd dvd burner etc, - i dont mind having another one free - maybe fan controller -

any input on case that you guy can recommend -

thanks -

Have you looked at the Cooler Master HAF XM? It has plenty of room for water cooling and should handle any expansions that you want to do as well. If you're partial to Corsair I would look at their 650D. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Post Posted: October 10th, 2014, 9:35 am 

I have the Corsair Air 540 case and the H240X fits with plenty of room to spare. Also, when mounting from the top, it hangs right in the airflow path in between the top front intake and back exhaust fans, so you get plenty of cool air feeding it. (I have mine setup using 3 fans, with the top rad fans in pull and 1 bottom fan in push, exhausting out the top of the case.)

Post Posted: October 11th, 2014, 12:12 am 

HanzNFranzen wrote:
I have the Corsair Air 540 case and the H240X fits with plenty of room to spare. Also, when mounting from the top, it hangs right in the airflow path in between the top front intake and back exhaust fans, so you get plenty of cool air feeding it. (I have mine setup using 3 fans, with the top rad fans in pull and 1 bottom fan in push, exhausting out the top of the case.)

Also have...err...getting a Air 540 (in route). Would love to see a photo of this.

i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz / ASUS Z97 Pro (Wifi ac) / GTX 780 (in EVGA step-up queue for GTX 980) / Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB 1866 / Swiftech H220-X / EVGA SuperNova G2 750w PSU / Corsair Air 540 case / Plextor 256GB M.2 (OS drive) / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD / WD Black 1TB HDD / ASUS PA248Q 24.1" 1920x1200 IPS / Overlord X270oc 27" 2560x1440 120Hz Glossy IPS / Sound Blaster ZXR / Audioengine A5+ Speakers / Audioengine S8 Sub / Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Headset / Code TKL Mechanical KB Green Switches

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking