Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking

Post subject: My O/C
 Post Posted: May 24th, 2007, 6:07 am 

Well so far I've got my opty 165 to 2.6 on stock volts, but its limited by both the ram and the FSB, got some ddr500's arriving tomorrow and so should my TEC swiftech kit, to push that lil bit further :)
Should be good - next upgrades: chipset waterblock, new gfx maybe with water.

edit: added 'maybe' regarding water for gfx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: May 25th, 2007, 4:48 am 

Well chucked in my new ram, one of the sticks was faulty (I kind of expected this because those ballistix are a bit hit and miss) so ill rma them on monday. Got my opty running at 2.76 now at stock volts, ram running at around the pc4000 mark (not yet tweaked for lowest possible timings). I've yet to throw in my swiftech peltier cooler which arrived today... I'm unsure what to think of this cpu, even if i throw a good 1.5 volts at it I dont think its stable at 2.85 :S Is this strange considering where Im at on stock?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: May 25th, 2007, 11:31 am 

okydoke wrote:
Well chucked in my new ram, one of the sticks was faulty (I kind of expected this because those ballistix are a bit hit and miss) so ill rma them on monday. Got my opty running at 2.76 now at stock volts, ram running at around the pc4000 mark (not yet tweaked for lowest possible timings). I've yet to throw in my swiftech peltier cooler which arrived today... I'm unsure what to think of this cpu, even if i throw a good 1.5 volts at it I dont think its stable at 2.85 :S Is this strange considering where Im at on stock?

2.76 is high (good) for this proc. mine couldn't do better (fully stable with loaded o/s in everyday use) than 2.6 with high voltage. question is: is it really stable?

if nothing else limits your o/c , you should get a solid 5% stable performance out of the TEC.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: May 25th, 2007, 7:33 pm 

yep I've given it a good amount of time on orthos, I'm just surprised more volts aren't making a difference.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking