Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking

Post subject: 4.4GHz to 5.0GHz?
 Post Posted: January 22nd, 2011, 12:30 am 

I’ve become interested in OC. I have OC my Intel Core i5-655K Clarkdale to 4.4GHz on air using a Prolimatech Megahalems(which is one of the best air CPU coolers). My core voltage is 1.392 V. I can push my core voltage up a little more, but my CPU temp is causing stress test failure. Under stress my CPU hits 72C and is stable, but if I raise the core voltage and the temp goes higher than 72C it fails under stress test.

I was just wondering if Swiftech water cooling would let me OC higher? I want to know how much Ghz I will gain if I install Swiftech water cooling. My goal it to hit 5.0 Ghz. But I am not sure water cooling will get me there.

I know that there is no one here who can tell me exactly how much Ghz I will gain, but you could tell me from your own experience what you think I might gain. Remember that I am trying to go from my present 4.4GHz to my goal of 5.0GHz. I have never had a water cooling system, so I am not sure what it will do for me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: January 30th, 2011, 5:27 pm 

72c is not hot enough to make your cpu fail a stress test. To be honest your prob hitting the limit of the chip or not giving it enough of the rite volts.

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/guides/3 ... nners.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/DazMode

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Overclocking