Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » The Grudge Corner

Post subject: H240 X2 Prestige Again
 Post Posted: March 17th, 2016, 3:45 am 

I purchased a H240 X2 Prestige from Newegg and it arrived with the inside of the box all wet, I returned it and got a refund because they didn't have any in stock

I purchased a second from Performance PCS and it has arrived the exact same way, leaking, I am tempted to take it apart to see if I can discover where it is leaking but If it has a bad O-ring or seal of some sort and I cannot find a replacement I would be out the cash

Is this common

Post subject: Re: H240 X2 Prestige Again
 Post Posted: April 1st, 2016, 2:38 pm 

Im not Swiftech support, but i had the same problem as you with my Prestige Unit. This is why i have talked to Gabe from Swiftech and it is indeed a bad batch, you should wait for the next one. Which will be available in the beginning of April, as far as i know.

Post Posted: May 7th, 2016, 2:41 am 

my 240 isn't prestige, but I'm about to send my third one
back for the same reason, and this is May now :/

Post Posted: May 15th, 2016, 9:36 am 

My Third as well and this last one I just received May 8, 2016. I've about had it.

Post Posted: June 7th, 2016, 6:12 am 

I have the same problem with mine as well. I got my AIO back in February, but I didn't notice the leak at first. It looks like some people have had water that was already leaking all over the packaging, but when I got my H240 X2, I didn't see any sign of a leak. So, I thought I had dodged a bullet. However, it turned out that the leak was hitting the end of my video card where the heatsink fins are and collected in some plastic right below that (probably for at least the past month or so). I only noticed the leak when I saw some bubbles in the tubing/reservoir. It took forever to find where the actual leak was since there was essentially no residue (even though I used dye) on the actual reservoir. I was extremely careful and ran the AIO by itself for 15-20 minutes when I first got it and didn't see a leak. After I installed it, I had some paper towel in my machine for about a week or so to catch any potential drops that might hit my video card as well. There was nothing during either of these tests, so this leak is something that happened somewhat more recently and is extremely gradual (although no less dangerous). I got very lucky that nothing was damaged. I can only hope that the new batch of reservoirs have fixed the problem when I RMA it. I'm fairly surprised at this issue since Swiftech makes some high quality custom water cooling hardware; it really needs to be addressed on their website and in a press release of some sort.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » The Grudge Corner