Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » The Grudge Corner

Post subject: H220 pump seized. full of algae and metal dust.
 Post Posted: January 29th, 2015, 2:46 pm 

I also sent this to the help@swiftech.com email address, but I haven't received a reply in about a week so I'm posting it here.

I bought my H220 in September and immediately had issues. First I noticed a clicking sound coming from my H220 unless it was running at 80% speed or higher. I was getting worse performance than my $20 Cooler Master Hyper 212. a couple weeks ago the pump seized and my PC shut down from overheating.
Then I drained the loop and I saw that there was a thick layer of algae inside my tubing. I also noticed a ton of metal dust left in the coolant. There is no reason why a cooler purchased in September would have this much algae especially when the Hydrx PM used in the cooler is supposed to be an algae inhibitor.

I am completely disappointed that a $120 cooler would be outperformed by a $20 heatsink and would be full of algae and metal dust.

Post subject: Re: H220 pump seized. full of algae and metal dust.
 Post Posted: January 29th, 2015, 3:23 pm 

Vacsol wrote:
I also sent this to the help@swiftech.com email address, but I haven't received a reply in about a week so I'm posting it here.

I bought my H220 in September and immediately had issues. First I noticed a clicking sound coming from my H220 unless it was running at 80% speed or higher. I was getting worse performance than my $20 Cooler Master Hyper 212. a couple weeks ago the pump seized and my PC shut down from overheating.
Then I drained the loop and I saw that there was a thick layer of algae inside my tubing. I also noticed a ton of metal dust left in the coolant. There is no reason why a cooler purchased in September would have this much algae especially when the Hydrx PM used in the cooler is supposed to be an algae inhibitor.

I am completely disappointed that a $120 cooler would be outperformed by a $20 heatsink and would be full of algae and metal dust.

I'm sorry if I missed this somehow. It could have ended up in my spam folder. Please email me directly with this at bryan@swiftech.com.

Regards,

Post subject: Re: H220 pump seized. full of algae and metal dust.
 Post Posted: January 29th, 2015, 3:47 pm 

Bryan wrote:
Vacsol wrote:

I'm sorry if I missed this somehow. It could have ended up in my spam folder. Please email me directly with this at bryan@swiftech.com.

Regards,

I emailed bryan@swiftech.com as well on the 27th regarding this. I forwarded you the email again.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » The Grudge Corner