Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Air Cooling

Post subject: AM2 Heatsinks?
 Post Posted: June 2nd, 2008, 7:39 am 

I've been a fan of Swiftech heatsinks for quit a while, all my socket 478 (now all retired) and 775 machines use them. Recently I put together amachine based on an AMD X2 6000+ and I'm less than thrilled with the performance of the stock heatsink but it doesn't appear that Swiftech makes a heatsink for this socket?

As it happens I have an MCX6400-V heatsink and I've been working on a bracket to replace the two side mounted ones to make it fit but I'm not sure that my skills are up to the precision required. I don't suppose that there's anything available from Swiftech to do this is there?

- Cody

Post subject: AM2 Heatsinks
 Post Posted: June 9th, 2015, 1:21 pm 

comixion - i7 heatsink is a no go.

JD - il have to have a closer look at the artic cooling ones, never thought of them when i was searching

dog - is that the heatpipe style AMD cooler? i have one in my webserver thats doing okay, if i had another one for the file server, i could use it, and not really have to look at low profile heatsinks. otherwise, if im going to buy a low profile for my file server, im going to get one for the webserver as well, just to keep things consistent

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Air Cooling