Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » TEC Cooling

Post subject: QX 6700 still running hot
 Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 7:47 am 

I recently built a new computer with the QX 6700 on the Asus striker extreme motherboard.Currently i am running the H20-220 Apex Ultra kit with the Apogee GTX waterblock. MY temps according to coretemp are 58 under load on the main core. I was hoping to get lower temps than this but after doing some reading I was wondering if the MCW6500 pelt. block would be the way to go.The cpu is the only thing in the loop for the dual rad (i have both gfx cards on a seperate loop)
but I am unsure how well this block would work on a quad core.I have read different reviews about this and coolIT's freezone being unable to cool a quad but as I have never used TEC cooling before I have no idea.I a also running a BFG 1k watt PSU would this be enough to run the pelt or would a seperate psu still be needed?

If anyone has any ideas on this or can reccomend a better way to cool a quad I would grateful.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 11:30 am 

You may get better then 58c under load with the TEC as long you keep the core voltage low. Too much core voltage may bury the TEC.

As far as your PSU, looks like your 12v rails do about 20 amps, I would recommend 25 amps to be safe with this TEC.

OPP

Post subject:
 Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 3:47 pm 

what speed are you running at , and what settings are your voltages multipliers etc. we'll compare results.

QX6850(SWIFTECH GTX,BOWED AND HARDMOUNTED)/8800ULTRA SC SLI(SWIFTECH STEALTH BLOCKS)ASUS STIKER EXTREME (SWIFTECH MCW30(NB,SB ) kOOLANCE VOLTAGE REG BLOCKS)/CORSIAR 8888 4,4,4,12 2G/DUAL LOOP SWIFTECH 655 PUMPS /THERMOCHILL RADS/RAPTER 150 10K RAID ZERO(AQUA COMPUTER LIGUID BAYS)/SEAGATE 500 (DUAL BOOT SYSTEM XP PRO AND VISTA ULTIMATE) KILLER K1 NIC CARD,SILVERSTONE 1000W MAIN POWER,ULTRAPOWER 325W 5.25 BAY POWER FOR (PUMPS FANS AND LIGHTING)

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » TEC Cooling