Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » TEC Cooling

Post subject: Is Swiftech out of the TEC business?
 Post Posted: January 16th, 2014, 10:55 am 

I would like to see a MCW82-7900 in a TEC version. Or at least a cold plate kit to retrofit a normal one. Swiftech used to be an industrial leader in ready made TEC solutions, second only to Danger Den, who also has also abandoned the TEC market. TEC is still the coldest thing out there next to phase change and a lot less pricey. I guess we're back to fabricating blocks out of spare parts like the old days.
I have modified a legacy Danger Den Maze4 with a copper shim on the HD7950 (witch fits perfectly in the full coverage heatsink btw) but the Swiftech MCW82-7900 fits so much cleaner. The problem with these cards is the cockeyed angle the GPU sits. I would need a flat heatsink on the block and then could use the original heatsink as a cold plate. This would require longer screws as well. I know a kit of this sort is not beyond your means. The stuff to it is probably in your junk drawer.
Also a backplate solution to match the HD79xx-HS would be a great idea and I believe they would sell like hotcakes as no other US supplier offers standalone backplates.

Post subject: Re: Is Swiftech out of the TEC business?
 Post Posted: January 16th, 2014, 11:43 am 

We will look into this, but as of right now there just isn't enough demand to warrant producing units of this type.

Regards,

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » TEC Cooling