Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling

Post subject: Is the SwiftTech H240 X2 compatible with LGA775 socket?
 Post Posted: May 12th, 2017, 7:33 pm 

New customer to SwiftTech and about to take delivery of a brand new H240 X2 Prestige. Excited about my first water cooling build. Will be putting the H240 X2 into a Corsair Carbide Air 540 case which I have transplanted my old system.

The purpose of getting the H240 X2 Prestige is to prepare for a new motherboard, memory and i7-7700K processor (hopefully go to 5GHz in OC). This is being planned for end of the month or early next month. Once I get comfortable with liquid cooling, will be looking at expanding the loop with the graphics card and a new radiator + additional fittings and tubing. Hence the reason for purchasing the H240 X2 Prestige.

Anyway, the question is test out the H240 X2 with the existing motherboard which has an older LGA775 socket. Will the fittings supplied with the Apogee XL2 be sufficient to allow me to mount on the LGA775 socket? Has anyone tried to do this before and succeeded?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Is the SwiftTech H240 X2 compatible with LGA775 socket?
 Post Posted: May 23rd, 2017, 6:58 pm 

Answering my own question, have received the H240 X2 and tried to fit the Apogee XL2 onto the LGA775 socket. No can do. So the H240 X2 is NOT compatible with LGA775 socket. :o

While the Apogee XL2 waterblock has the right openings to cover socket LGA775, it needs special fittings that come with the standard Intel cooler to plug into the motherboard. So can't test how good the H240 X2 cools the CPU better than the stock Intel cooler. :(

Waiting for the new ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA LGA1151 motherboard to arrive with the i7-7700K Intel CPU, so that the H240 X2 can be hooked up.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling