Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling

Post subject: Interested in a H240-X2 Prestige but sceptical about leaks
 Post Posted: December 4th, 2016, 4:32 pm 

Hi, the pump on my H110i GT died recently and I'm looking to get a replacement. So far the Swiftech lineup looks great when it comes to customization and future upgrades but I am sceptical about one thing, leaks.

On many of the Amazon and Newegg reviews I've read people have reported their Swiftech units leaking (especially the X2 series), I don't know if this is just the vocal minority but it would suck if they really are that unreliable, as they seem to be great products when they work as advertised.

I just wanted to get some input from you users out there to see if this is just a misconception because of wrong installation/use or not, and if this has been adressed by Swiftech if it was just a faulty batch or something.

Post subject: Re: Interested in a H240-X2 Prestige but sceptical about lea
 Post Posted: December 6th, 2016, 4:02 pm 

Leaks can be tested for initially fairly easily, especially if you have a PSU power-on tester included with your power supply or know how to short the pins to make it turn on. All you need to do is connect the pump's SATA power connector to the PSU and turn the PSU on separately from the rest of your computer, set your unit on some paper towels, and check every so often as it's running for any wet spots.
However, this should not be your main concern with these units.
There's been a litany of issues with these, including a list of my own. I've only had my unit for a few months and already I'm experiencing absurd pump noise, a crack appearing out of nowhere in the reservoir (for no logical reason other than manufacturing defect), and malfunctioning lights between the res/rad. While I was initially quite happy with my unit, I can no longer recommend these units knowing all of the things wrong with their quality.
To Swiftech's credit, they have taken care of basically any question or fix I've needed through emails, but it's still more of a headache than it's worth.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling