Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling

Post subject: Swiftech H220 X2 to Prestige series (Quiet fans)?
 Post Posted: September 19th, 2016, 2:07 pm 

Hello,
Is there any way to convert the standard H220 X2 (Drive X2 Series) into a Prestige Series?
The Standard X2 while quieter than my Corsair Hydro 85 series, it is still loud.
I have it running in a VMWare ESXi Whitebox with ASRock 990FX Extreme9 board and AMD 990FX processor, sitting on a shelf
next to me and they ramp up when it turns on and don't die down that much. I used a DB meter and it is an average of 50DB next to the desktop and from where I sit, it is about 38DB which is still noticeable.

When I bought the X2 from Micro Center they did not have a Prestige model there or I would have purchased it instead. From what I read the only difference is the compression fittings and new fans. While I don't want to take apart the water block, etc.. to change any host fittings, is it possible to get the Noiseblocker™ NB-eLoop fans used in the prestige series and is there any special mounting that is done for them?

If not the NoiseBlocker fans, would anyone have any suggestions to get the DB range down from the 50 I am registering to about 35 where the standard Helix 120 fans are rated for.

I understand that case fans also have something to do with this, but it is in a Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout edition ultra-silent mid-tower case and the fans aren't that loud on it. I don't hear it until the cooler kicks in.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Post subject: Re: Swiftech H220 X2 to Prestige series (Quiet fans)?
 Post Posted: October 30th, 2016, 10:26 am 

Just google this "NB-eLoop b12-p" This is the fan that are included with the prestige models
You can buy them off of Amazon
These are the quietest fans I've heard before, they are quieter than the fans inside the case and I had to mount the eLoop fan ouside my case.
Corsair also makes a MagLev fan they are supposed to be very quiet too and are a tad cheaper if your interested

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling