Post subject: Not sure wt to do
 Post Posted: August 2nd, 2016, 6:20 am 

I am using the following setup:
i7 6850K
ASUS Rampage V Edition 10
EVGA gtx 1080 FTW x2(SLI)
TridentZ 3200mhz 14Q 8Gb*4
Phanteks es 515etg

I am new to oc and water cooling yet i wanna build a new custom water loop, any suggestions on this?

Post subject: Re: Not sure wt to do
 Post Posted: August 11th, 2016, 6:28 am 

huiyinugai wrote:
I am using the following setup:
i7 6850K
ASUS Rampage V Edition 10
EVGA gtx 1080 FTW x2(SLI)
TridentZ 3200mhz 14Q 8Gb*4
Phanteks es 515etg

I am new to oc and water cooling yet i wanna build a new custom water loop, any suggestions on this?

1: Research and plan your loop. Make sure you take into account you may end up spending additional money later when/if you realize you need to change a few things. Building your first custom water loop can be quite a learning curve for most people.

2: Silver Kill Coils are nice. you don't want an algae problem they are extremely painful to clean up.

3: In my experience the Swiftech MCP655 is the best pump around. It's quiet and is a workhorse, I would get 2 for redundancy. I also prefer the modified speed control version as seen here it has g1/4 threads drilled in for you, http://www.performance-pcs.com/swiftech ... oller.html

4: Be patient and don't rush things. Make sure you leak test for a good 12 hours or so, with just the PSU running the pump, before turning your PC on, just in case.

5: An easy to get to drain at the very bottom of your loop as well as an easy to reach fill port at the top (above your pump). The easier these things are to get to the less frustrated you'll be later on.

6: Again. Research, research, research. Depending on what you are shooting for there are a lot of different setups out there. If you want maximum cooling performance, you may go with an external Radiator such as a Mo-Ra3 or something of the sort. Those put you on a completely different level for cooling efficiency than any internal Radiator setup. But at the same time they can take up quite a bit of room and add to the loop's length. Overclock.net is a good place to get help with and/or research peoples custom water loop builds.

Take your time, don't rush it, and double check everything you plan out. Set aside a little extra cash for the "just in case after thoughts" and you should be fine.

These are my opinions of course. I hope they help. Good luck on your new build!

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling