Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling

Post subject: Fan speeds / Temp on H220X2 w/ESXi
 Post Posted: July 5th, 2016, 12:13 pm 

Hello,
I am currently using a H220X2 on a VMWare ESXi Whitebox setup so it is a little different then the average gaming or performance rig.
It is running on an AMD FX 9590 @ stock 4.7 GHz with 32GB of Memory. I generally run 2 VM's as a base, one is the vSphere server and the other a UCS Active Directory server. Each it limited to 1 Core. I also have a 1/2 dozen VM's I could spin up for various tasks.

One problem I am running into is that I am unable to monitor CPU temps via VMware on the motherboard I am using and can only see it when I reboot the server in the BIOS. However, when I boot the system, the Swiftech is quiet, I can barely hear the fans and minor pump noise if I am next to it. However, once I spin up a third VM, the fans increase quite a bit and it sounds like a small server in a server room. Which I would understand under load, but the issue is the fans slow down a little, but never spin back down to where it is quiet, even when the system usage is low, using only 15% of its CPU.

Is there anyway to manage the H220X2 speed/settings/temperature through a Virtual machine on ESXi server?

Thanks.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling