Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling

Post subject: Case for H320 X2 Presitge
 Post Posted: May 23rd, 2016, 2:52 pm 

Hi all, i've been using a H240x for about a year or so and have loved it, but now I am thinking of making a new build and am looking at the H320 X2 for my new 5820k.

I was wondering if the aio cooler would fit in the two new cases im eyeing, and if so where would it fit in both cases.

Phanteks Evolv Atx w/ Tempered Glass,
http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-AT ... Glass.html

or the newly announced InWin 303
https://www.inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/303

As an off note, i've read that the noise blocker fans that come with the prestige edition work better in push, rather than pull (as I would like them to be if they are on top in either case), is this a legitimate concern?

Post subject: Re: Case for H320 X2 Presitge
 Post Posted: May 24th, 2016, 6:50 pm 

As an H320 X2 owner, I can tell you it's not easy to find the right case for it. The inWin303 looks like a bust because of the vertical fan mounting for the radiator. That means you'll either have to mount it with the pump on the backside (which would be inverted and I think it won't work that way - plus you can't see it!) or with the pump infront in which case it would stick out of the case. The issue with the Phanteks is the same one I have with my Corsair Air540: the radiator mounts in the case front meaning you're limited on GPU length. My GTX970's literally touch the pump housing on my 320X2. Check your dimensions very very carefully and also realize that the pump actually sticks out from the reservoir (beneath if the reservoir is mounted horizontally).

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Liquid Cooling