Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support

Post subject: Apogee XL2 standoff bolt snapped
 Post Posted: June 19th, 2017, 4:57 am 

I have a question regarding small accessories for the H240 X2 Prestige. With the provided CPU waterblock there is a back plate and a total of 4 m3 to m4 standoff screws. Unfortunately I was careless and accidentally snapped the threaded part from the head. I was wondering if there was a possible way of Swiftech providing only additional standoff screws for the back plate. The screws are the only thing I need and wouldn't know where to begin to look outside of Swiftech. Any suggestions for outside sources or shipping options would help immensely. I have read on the forums and this is a recurring problem as mentioned in this post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6282). I am hoping that I too could receive a revised back plate and mounting hardware under RMA. I have submitted an email to help@swiftech.com and within 24 hours I didn't get a response so I was hoping this forum page would be quicker.

My contact info for my personal email address is DravenTM@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Apogee XL2 standoff bolt snapped
 Post Posted: June 20th, 2017, 2:00 am 

JuggaHomie wrote:
I have a question regarding small accessories for the H240 X2 Prestige. With the provided CPU waterblock there is a back plate and a total of 4 m3 to m4 standoff screws. Unfortunately I was careless and accidentally snapped the threaded part from the head. I was wondering if there was a possible way of Swiftech providing only additional standoff screws for the back plate. The screws are the only thing I need and wouldn't know where to begin to look outside of Swiftech. Any suggestions for outside sources or shipping options would help immensely. I have read on the forums and this is a recurring problem as mentioned in this post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6282). I am hoping that I too could receive a revised back plate and mounting hardware under RMA. I have submitted an email to help@swiftech.com and within 24 hours I didn't get a response so I was hoping this forum page would be quicker.

My contact info for my personal email address is DravenTM@gmail.com

I also have some concern on the M4 to M3 Standoffs + Back-plate provided with the H240 X2 Prestige. The design isn't that great and feels a bit weak. Had to re-seat the Apogee XL2 and during the 2nd time attempt, one of the standoffs fell out!

Might ask for another backplate and standoffs from Swifttech.

Post subject: Re: Apogee XL2 standoff bolt snapped
 Post Posted: June 20th, 2017, 3:03 am 

Waiting just another day I was contacted by a great member of their customer support and was told I was shipped another back plate with additional screws (don't know if they are the same as the nylon cheap ones). When they come in the mail later today I will post about how this new back plate works for me and even pictures if you are interested. I do recommend if you're screws snapped to email their support and wait for a response and just give them a detailed explanation of what it is you need. The team member that contacted me was Mackenzy Tea and I highly enjoyed his support.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support