Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support

Post subject: Removing the reservoir on H220 X2 AIO
 Post Posted: June 2nd, 2017, 9:10 pm 

Is there a way to remove the reservoir, or re-route the cables on the H220 X2 AIO radiator?

I have a Thermaltake Core P3 SE case. It's an open air case, so there is no top to mount to. I have the radiator mounted to the back motherboard side of the case. The fan side of the radiator is mounted to the case and pointed towards the back motherboard side of the case. The reservoir and pump are facing outwards towards the glass side of the case. Since the setup was designed to be mounted on the top of a case, the wires have to be routed up over the top of the radiator into the back of the case. It looks ugly and it's bothering me. I want to route the cables to the left between the reservoir and the radiator, and to the back of the case. It look like one of my cables already goes left between the reservoir and radiator, then back out the same way higher up. I left my PC at work, so I don't have pictures of what Im talking about, but here is a crude drawing, and the case I have.

My Case

An example of my setup, except my fans are of the reverse side, and the pump and reservoir are facing you.

Crude drawing of my setup.

Post subject: Re: Removing the reservoir on H220 X2 AIO
 Post Posted: June 3rd, 2017, 2:13 am 

rabidplatypus wrote:
Is there a way to remove the reservoir, or re-route the cables on the H220 X2 AIO radiator?

I have a Thermaltake Core P3 SE case. It's an open air case, so there is no top to mount to. I have the radiator mounted to the back motherboard side of the case. The fan side of the radiator is mounted to the case and pointed towards the back motherboard side of the case. The reservoir and pump are facing outwards towards the glass side of the case. Since the setup was designed to be mounted on the top of a case, the wires have to be routed up over the top of the radiator into the back of the case. It looks ugly and it's bothering me. I want to route the cables to the left between the reservoir and the radiator, and to the back of the case. It look like one of my cables already goes left between the reservoir and radiator, then back out the same way higher up. I left my PC at work, so I don't have pictures of what Im talking about, but here is a crude drawing, and the case I have.

My Case

An example of my setup, except my fans are of the reverse side, and the pump and reservoir are facing you.

Crude drawing of my setup.

rabidplatypus,

Based on your Thermaltake Core P3 SE case, the better option would have to go with the MCR-X20 Drive Rev3 Series Heat Exchangers with Integrated Pump and Reservoir + fans + tubing + waterblock. This would be a custom open loop rather than the simple AIO path. The Core P3 SE can easily take a 360 sized raditor. This way, you have some control over how the cabling can be arranged vs. the factory default on the AIO. Swiftech may have some extension cables to help with your H220 X2 installation, but it may not look as good as the custom route.

Edit: Does Thermaltake offer a side panel where the H220 X2 can be mounted? Believe this would solve your mounting issues.

Post subject: Re: Removing the reservoir on H220 X2 AIO
 Post Posted: June 5th, 2017, 4:07 pm 

use this video to see our CEO build for this case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGV64G5Ds5k&t=1021s

starting time: 16:10

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support