Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support

Post subject: H220X reservoir issues
 Post Posted: June 1st, 2017, 2:11 pm 

Over the last week or two I've had unreasonably high CPU temperatures (105c) to the point of severe throttling in games. My first thought was to reapply thermal paste between the water block and CPU heat spreader which I did and had no perceptible improvement in temperatures. After removing the radiator completely from my case it appears that the acrylic window of the reservoir has cracked around the hole where the small black screw in the corner near the water level marker is located. There is also what appears to be algae growth inside. I haven't disassembled any part of the kit to have caused this myself or attempted maintenance as I've only had it in use for about a year(though purchased in Dec 2014) and it was advertised as maintenance free during the warranty period and the case is rarely moved, just a few times a year for a quick internal dusting. It appears to have been a slow leak as there was a visible spot of brown gunk underneath it in the floor my case (mounted vertically in the front) a bit smaller than a postage stamp, though thankfully nothing was damaged.

Here's an image of the window, as close as I had to get for the cracks to be visible it was out of focus but you can see that it's cracked above and below the screw, part of the upper crack is behind the metal shroud so I'm not sure how severe it is, though the easily accessible one can be felt by running a fingernail over it. To the left is a line left by the coolant running down the side and not a large crack as it might appear.

http://i.imgur.com/eX6ohDd.jpg
And with the cracks highlighted:
http://i.imgur.com/9Qq0FED.png

They're not nearly that visible under standard lighting, though with the angle I was shooting at the flash really made them pop.

I was going to attempt to clean it out with pinesol and distilled water as recommended in the maintenance faq but I noticed the cracks just as I was beginning to work on it. Hopefully I can get some replacement parts/a replacement as it's still under warranty.

It was purchased from Swiftech through Amazon on December 19th of 2014 and I can provide the proof of purchase as necessary, thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: H220X reservoir issues
 Post Posted: June 2nd, 2017, 10:15 am 

hey,

sorry for the issue that you're having.. please contact me at help@swiftech.com
for immediate assistance and replacement.

Post subject: Re: H220X reservoir issues
 Post Posted: June 2nd, 2017, 12:43 pm 

I've sent an email from the account I registered for these forums with and included a link to this topic as well as a copy of the invoice from my purchase. Thanks again.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support