Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support

Post subject: H320 X2 Pump not always turning on
 Post Posted: February 2nd, 2017, 6:57 am 

Hi all,
First post here, as I can't seem to find the same issue anywhere.

TL;DR - Been having pump issues where it doesn't always spin at boot until tapping the pump or hitting my case and makes a lot of noise, was hoping to get in touch with some Swiftech Reps or Mods as I emailed Swiftech Help and got no reply.

So about a week or 2 ago I installed my H320 X2 all excited finally I have good water cooler that in the future I can expand, so I installed it, installation was pretty easy.
I booted the computer up without the screen to see what everything looked like, then took it back to my setup and then booted it up there only to find that at boot I was getting a CPU fan error, I disregarded that as my mother board normally does that even when there is a Pump connected to it. Anyway, as I was logging in, all the fans in my system were at full speed which I found odd and then the computer just shut down, so I booted it up again only to get the same error again, so I looked in my case and couldn't see the actual pump spinning and well then I re checked that I had plugged everything, tried different SATA connectors and nothing was happening. So in frustration I put the stock Intel cooler back on and then was moving my case while the system was on and the pump magically turned back on. So I got excited did a couple of restarts and pump was still spinning. So I put the Water block back on there and then as you would have guessed the Pump wasn't spinning, but I shook my case a little and the pump magically turned back on. So now when the pump doesn't spin, I just tap the pump a little and it decided to spin. So I am not sure what is happening here, and at the lowest RPM of the pump, the pump makes a very loud clicky noise, I keep my pump at 1800rpm rather than the lowest as it a lot more quiter than 1200RPM , sounds like I got a bad pump (no pun intended). So what can be done here? I would take it back to the store I bought it from and they are happy to give me a store credit as they don't stock these 320's anymore as hardly anyone buys them because of their size. I was wondering if any of you people are having the same problem. Or is the low RPM sound a normal thing with these pumps?
I was writing here as I emailed Swiftech Help and I haven't gotten any reply back from them so I was hoping I could get in touch with some of the Mods here or the Switch Reps.

Kind Regards
Utkarsh Anand

Post subject: Re: H320 X2 Pump not always turning on
 Post Posted: February 2nd, 2017, 4:29 pm 

please contact me at help@swiftech.com

i will help you with this process through email.

thanks

Post subject: Re: H320 X2 Pump not always turning on
 Post Posted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:42 am 

Hi there Mac,
Thanks for the reply I already emailed help@swiftech.com about 5 days ago and haven't got a reply back, but I'll send them another email and link this thread

Kind Regards
Utkarsh Anand

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support