Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support

Post subject: H220X Leaks
 Post Posted: December 9th, 2016, 5:39 pm 

Good Evening, I'm trying to find out as much info as I can.
I had the weirdest damn thing happen. My unit has run fine for the bulk of my ownership until now.

My rig was powered down when apparently a fuse tripped in the house. No big deal or so I thought. For whatever reason I couldn't get the switch to flip. It would always shutdown whenever I plugged my computer back in. By chance after hearing a weird buzz, I hit the power button and promptly got the scariest damn light show fire I've ever seen by way of my power supply. Complete toast.

After pull down, i found a small puddle of water that I honestly can't figure were it came from. I've tried to leak test the unit with another PS to no avail. What comes next, Swiftech? And yes, I'm still under warranty. My glass is not cracked, but I'm leery to reinstall.

Post subject: Re: H220X Leaks
 Post Posted: January 3rd, 2017, 10:50 am 

The cracks, if there are any, may not be visible unless you remove the reservoir/pump from the radiator. there are four small screws that hold it in place. Two beneath the rez and two by the fill port. I noticed mine just started leaking noticeably and looking at the rust on the screws it has been slow leaking for a while and just now became visible. But it seems to crack right around the screws that hold the plexi on to the rez and that is easily covered by the shroud it sits behind. There is also a rubber seal between the rez and the radiator, you should check that to see if it was cracked or damaged.

Post Posted: January 5th, 2017, 2:50 pm 

I am done with Swiftech

leaked on two of my GTX 1080's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwnSJ-FxiTw

Post Posted: January 17th, 2017, 2:18 pm 

thedarkdad3 wrote:
I am done with Swiftech

leaked on two of my GTX 1080's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwnSJ-FxiTw

glad im not the only one?? Class action lawsuit - message me bro.

Post Posted: January 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm 

memphissheik wrote:
Good Evening, I'm trying to find out as much info as I can.
I had the weirdest damn thing happen. My unit has run fine for the bulk of my ownership until now.

My rig was powered down when apparently a fuse tripped in the house. No big deal or so I thought. For whatever reason I couldn't get the switch to flip. It would always shutdown whenever I plugged my computer back in. By chance after hearing a weird buzz, I hit the power button and promptly got the scariest damn light show fire I've ever seen by way of my power supply. Complete toast.

After pull down, i found a small puddle of water that I honestly can't figure were it came from. I've tried to leak test the unit with another PS to no avail. What comes next, Swiftech? And yes, I'm still under warranty. My glass is not cracked, but I'm leery to reinstall.

message me if you've had damages that were caused by design failure , and refused to replace your items. Class action / legal.

Board index » User’s Questions & Discussions » Technical support